5 things to protect yourself traveling
1. Keep photocopies of your passport and credit cards on your phone in "Notes."
2. Tuck away all electronic cords and adapters while you are out for the day in your inroom safe along with laptops or iPads.
3. Don't make yourself particularly visible in a hotel lobby and in upstairs hallways.
Know your quickest exit in case of emergency.
4. Don't take all your cash with you on short day trips. Leave your passport locked away in your room safe, too.
5. It doesn't hurt in the evening if you are out for a couple hours or more to leave your television on. It just might distract an intruder.